Learn how to treat colic in babies using easy techniques and routines that digestive disease expert Jini Patel Thompson developed to soothe her own baby with colic. The simple three-step routine relieves symptoms of colic in newborns – no more pain and crying! This 80 minute DVD includes techniques for relieving bowel gas and trapped stool, also effective positions for esophageal gas (burping), dietary considerations, probiotic therapy and various post-partum tools for Mom too.
My husband and I viewed your DVD last night and after the first segment we tried the first exercise and cried, laughed and hugged with happiness & relief as the first few tries WORKED and she had a blow out of bowel elimination (appeared to be days worth of bowels) and gas immediately!!!
Beth H., Michigan
Jini also covers a range of other factors that may be affecting your baby’s digestive system, including:
- How to determine if your baby has a bowel blockage or intestinal obstruction and how to release them – includes a live demo with a certified Craniosacral Therapist.
- Potential irritants and allergens transmitted through breastmilk – top foods to watch out for and an easy testing method to determine if a food is irritating your baby's gut.
- Probiotics (good bacteria) for mother and baby - how to supplement your baby with top quality probiotics (good bacteria for the gut), to ensure baby has a healthy gut flora and thus is able to digest food properly and minimize gas production. Whether your baby tends towards constipation, or diarrhea, probiotics will normalize bowel function (and provide a host of other health benefits). But you must never give a baby adult probiotics! So, Jini shows you exactly which brand and species of good bacteria are safe for babies.
- Gentle burping techniques to reduce the amount of spit-up and projectile vomiting – And if you have a baby that wakes up again every time you burp him, I'll show you a position you can have him lie in, that will help him to burp and fart while staying asleep - therefore you don't have to risk waking him up by trying to burp him! You just breastfeed him, and when he's asleep, lay him down in this position.
- How to use a nice hot bath to relax even the most rigid bowel and give your baby instant relief. Yes, you can take even a 2 day old in the bath - Jini demonstrates how with her newborn daughter Zara.
- Bonus: help for common postpartum problems like hair loss, anal fissures, hemorrhoids, irritability/depression and difficulty getting good nutrition during this stressful time.
I really found your Baby Fart Aerobics to be huge help with my six week old at the time. He is now eight weeks and I no longer consider him to have issues. We just burp differently as per your suggestions. And I changed his relaxation positions along with the "aerobics". He is doing great now. Thank you! I wish I had had this DVD when I had my first two babies.
Judy Kirby, Author of "Tails Of the Golden Pickle"
All this and more in a friendly, easy-to-understand manner. You’ll be able to see very clearly how to hold and handle your own newborn with ease through the techniques, as Jini demonstrates everything on her newborn daughter, Zara.
A MUST-HAVE for every parent with a colicky baby. And a valuable resource for every parent of a newborn - makes a great baby shower gift!
"Our daughter would get a colic attack at the same time every night (no matter what we did during the day) and her pain and screaming would go on for hours. The Baby Fart Aerobics routine helped right away, but it took us a few days to get really good at it.and then no more colic attacks! Thank you so much for such a great DVD!"
Lisa J., Montecito
"We were at our wit's end with our son's horrible, non-stop colic when we found your DVD on the Internet. Thank you for saving our lives!! The Baby Fart Aerobics routine is fantastic, but I also found out my son is allergic to dairy when I did the elimination test Jini suggested. So, no more colic and a much healthier, happier baby! P.s. I tried the Udo's Oil as suggested and after one month I noticed my hair is indeed coming in thicker! Thanks for this wealth of information on the DVD."
Catherine Z., North Carolina
"My wife says that especially position on one's shoulder, baby on abdomen, helps a lot to burp, also some exercises. On burping is also goods walking with baby, his back on your abdomen in a sitting position (supporting with your hands). My wife likes the DVD and thanks you very much."
Dalibor J., Celakovice, Czech Republic
"I wish this had been available when my first was born--she was severely colicky due to milk allergies (through my milk) and it took us nearly 4 months to figure out what was going on. There is a lot of great information in the DVD for my students, and my middle daughter (8 y.o.), who is healing from IBD, found the demonstration of the colonic massage helpful. We had talked about it, but seeing Jini actually doing it on her baby helped her understand better how to massage herself."
Dawn O., Midwife, Appleton, Wisconsin
"I have watched the DVD. And I found the most helpful techniques were laying my baby on his side on the sofa as per Jini's instruction and demonstration. Also, my doctor (and I for a while) thought that my son had acid reflux. However, I never knew there were other ways to burp an infant other than patting on the back. Jini's suggestions made post feedings much easier. Thank you Jini!"
Judy K., North Carolina
"I have had time to watch the Baby Fart Aerobics. I loved it. I have tried several of the things on my little girl and they have worked. I thought that the dvd was very informative. Great also that Jini explained the why's and how's. I think it is great. I love the gentle approach and it's worked. Thanks."
Cassie B., Queensland
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.