Natren Digesta-Lac Capsules (Dairy-free)® is step three in Natren®'s easy-to-use three-step system for optimal internal and intestinal wellness. Digesta-Lac® probiotic supplement contains 2 billion colony forming units (cfu) of Lactobacillus bulgaricus LB-51 super strain per capsule. Digesta-Lac® works in conjunction with the other Natren®'s Healthy Trinity® components: Megadophilus® and Bifido Factor®. Dairy-free Digesta-Lac is only available in capsules. The Lactobacillus bulgaricus is extracted from the growth medium and packaged into capsules.
Suggested Use: 1 capsule (2 billion cfu) once or twice per day on an empty stomach. Each capsule can be opened and the powdered contents mixed in water (ideal), yoghurt, milk or diluted apple or pear juice.
Supplement Facts: Please see the secondary product image above.
Dairy-free capsules: Viable Lactobacillus bulgaricus, LB-51 super strain on a culture base of organic garbanzo bean (chick-pea) extract, cellulose powder, dehydrated potato powder in a veggie capsule. Receive added probiotic benefits from the natural supernatant (culturing medium) that is maintained by Natren®'s proprietary Trenev Process®.
Potency Guarantee: One capsule contains a minimum of 2 billion cfu viable bacteria through the printed expiration date when the storage conditions stated on the label are maintained.
Contains no preservative, artificial colors or flavors.
Proper Digestion - A Key To Health
- The Lactobacillus bulgaricus LB-51 super strain in Digesta-Lac® actually travels along with the food as it's being processed, to naturally aid digestion while deterring harmful bacteria.
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus maximizes the body's ability to complete the digestion process and may discourage the use of intestinal stimulants and antacids.
- This beneficial bacteria may help maintain our natural electrolyte balance, particularly as we age and become less active.
- Digesta-Lac® is cultured with super strain LB-51, which, according to 30 years of Bulgarian research, is one of the most beneficial strains of the 450 known bulgaricus strains.
- Nutritionally helps to deter yeast overgrowth (candida) from the large intestine up into the small intestine.
- Helps to stimulate regularity.
- Aids in lactose metabolism and enhances the digestion of milk products.
- Encourages an acidic intestinal environment which strongly inhibits less desirable microorganisms.
- Contributes to the growth and viability of the beneficial resident microorganisms (Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium. bifidum, etc.) by supporting their growth and activity.
- Helps the body digest complex carbohydrates and proteins. Bulgaricus is very proteolytic, therefore it can easily break down proteins.
- Helps to increase the bio-availability of minerals, especially calcium. The absorption is doubly important in lactose-intolerant individuals who may also experience a deficiency of dietary calcium.
- May also produce antimicrobial substances antagonistic to various bad bacteria.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
If you are taking Digesta-Lac powder and you also have heartburn, then take 25 to 30 minutes before a meal. Empty the capsules and mix the contents into 6 ounces of filtered, room temperature water. Sip slowly (take about 10 minutes to consume). This will then be helpful in healing your acid reflux. Best if taken together with Megadophilus powder - as both these probiotic species are beneficial as a GERD remedy.
Probiotics are one of the most important components for healing your IBS or IBD and then ensuring you stay healed! For full therapeutic benefits of probiotics, clinical trials show you need to consume 7 to 10 billion cfu per day (of EACH species). So check the bottle and be sure you’re consuming enough each day to see the desired results.
Capsules or Powders?
Take the probiotic powder if you’re experiencing diarrhea (or more than 3 bowel movements per day), heartburn, or upper gastrointestinal problems.
If your bowel movements are normal or constipated, you can take the probiotic capsules, if you prefer. The regular capsules (Megadophilus, Bifido Factor, Digesta-Lac) also contain the beneficial growth medium (or supernatent).
The Healthy Trinity capsules do not contain much supernatent, but contain much higher amounts of bacteria per dose. They are enteric-coated though, so they will not dissolve in the stomach and they are also dairy-free.
Natasha Trenev (founder of Natren) recommends probiotic layering as the most effective way to flood the GI tract with good bacteria: Take at least 1 tsp. of each powder, 3x/day plus, 1 Healthy Trinity capsule, once per day. For detailed information on probiotic layering, check out our in-depth Probiotics 1 Teleseminar with me interviewing Natasha Trenev and then answering 45 minutes of questions from participants.
If you're interested in doing Jini's Probiotic Retention Enema, instructions are in any of my digestive healing books.
Natren formulations are classified in the following way: You can get the powders and capsules in Dairy-based or Dairy-free formulas. If you’re just testing and don’t know which you need, then start with one of the Tripacks – the bottles are quite small. Once you know which formulation suits your system best, you may want to buy the largest size bottle of each – since it’s the best deal for your money.
I highly recommend you listen to our in-depth Probiotics 1 Teleseminar with Natren founder, Natasha Trenev. This will help you to get the best results from your probiotic dose and use.
How Much Should I Order?
The length of time a bottle of probiotics lasts depends on the dosage. For the powdered probiotics, there are 6 teaspoons in 1 ounce. Therefore, there are 27 teaspoons in the large 4.5 oz bottle. So, if you are taking the high dose of 3 teaspoons per day (12 billion cfu per day), the 4.5 oz bottle would last 9 days.
If you take the minimum therapeutic probiotic dose of 2 teaspoons per day (8 billion cfu), the 4.5 oz bottle would last 13 days.
If you take the maintenance dose of 1/2 teaspoon per day, the 4.5 oz bottle would last 54 days.