25% OFF - 3 units available on sale, click here for details
Natren Megadophilus (Dairy Free) contains Acidophilus (Lactobacillus acidophilus), a friendly intestinal flora that promotes small intestinal health, assists in the digestion of proteins, has anti-fungal activity, and plays a role in preventing candida overgrowth, yeast infections, urinary tract infections and cancer prevention. May also benefit cholesterol levels, lactose intolerance, nutrient assimilation, detoxification, post-antibiotic treatment, constipation and diarrhea control, bad breath, gas, and intestinal disorders. The Lactobacillus acidophilus is extracted from the growth medium and packaged into capsules.
Ingredients: Viable Lactobacillus acidophilus (live bacteria), NAS adhesion super strain on a culture base of organically grown garbanzo bean (chick-pea) extract, cellulose powder and dehydrated potato powder in a veggie capsule. 1 capsule = 2 billion c.f.u.
Does Not Contain: Preservatives, artificial colors or flavors, dairy.
Supplement Facts: Please see the secondary product image above.
All formulas receive added benefits from the natural supernatant (culturing medium) that is maintained by Natren®'s proprietary Trenev Process®. Contains no preservative, artificial colors or flavors.
Suggested Use: 1 capsule daily, preferably on an empty stomach. May repeat throughout the day as desired, or increase amounts and frequency as deemed necessary. Optimally, take with Natren®'s Bifido Factor® and Digesta-Lac®. Remember, always refrigerate Natren probiotic products. Do not freeze or put in direct sunlight. Probiotics should be taken at least 2 hours after consuming herbs (i.e., garlic and echinacea) and prescription drugs such as antibiotics. Some herbs, and all antibiotics, will eliminate not only undesirable, but beneficial bacteria as well. Each capsule can be opened and the powdered contents mixed in water (ideal), yoghurt, milk or diluted apple or pear juice.
A Strong Defense Against Harmful Bacteria
- The Lactobacillus acidophilus super strains used in Megadophilus® reside along the wall of the small intestine, where most of the digestive process takes place.
- In the powder form, the probiotic supplement begins working in the mouth, providing benefits throughout the entire digestive tract.
- This beneficial bacteria super strain produces natural substances such as hydrogen peroxide which are particularly helpful in guarding against certain harmful bacteria, regulating yeast and detoxifying the gastrointestinal tract.
- It produces soothing lactic acid, which lowers the pH of the small intestine, promoting a healthy environment in the digestive tract.
- The DDS-1 super strain and the NAS super strain are substantially more potent than regular acidophilus powder or capsules when grown according to exact scientific specifications by using Natren®'s proprietary formula.
In addition, Megadophilus®:
- Maximizes food absorption by producing enzymes which aid digestion.
- Helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
- Nutritionally helps deter yeast overgrowth (candida).
- Helps to stimulate regularity.
- Aids in lactose metabolism and enhances digestion of milk products.
- May improve nutrient absorption.
- May deter intestinal distress.
- Helps normalize elimination problems.
- Helps acidify the intestinal tract, creating a hostile environment for undesirable bacteria.
- May block the attachment of bad bacteria in the urinary tract, including the vagina.
- Helps alleviate gas, bloating and upper gastrointestinal problems.
- Produces H2O2 - found necessary to inhibit vaginal yeast.
- Neutralizes the formation of toxins.
- Assists in cholesterol management.
Potency Guarantee: 1 capsule contains a minimum of 2 billion cfu viable live bacteria through the printed expiration date when stored as directed on the label.
Warnings: Do not freeze probiotic supplements. Keep refrigerated and dry to maintain live bacteria potency guarantee.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Probiotics are one of the most important components for healing your IBS or IBD and then ensuring you stay healed! For full therapeutic benefits of probiotics, clinical trials show you need to consume 7 to 10 billion cfu per day (of EACH species). So check the bottle and be sure you’re consuming enough each day to see the desired results.
Capsules or Powders?
Take the probiotic powder if you’re experiencing diarrhea (or more than 3 bowel movements per day), heartburn, or upper gastrointestinal problems.
If your bowel movements are normal or constipated, you can take the probiotic capsules, if you prefer. The regular capsules (Megadophilus, Bifido Factor, Digesta-Lac) also contain the beneficial growth medium (or supernatent).
The Healthy Trinity capsules do not contain much supernatent, but contain much higher amounts of bacteria per dose. They are enteric-coated though, so they will not dissolve in the stomach and they are also dairy-free.
Natasha Trenev (founder of Natren) recommends probiotic layering as the most effective way to flood the GI tract with good bacteria: Take at least 1 tsp. of each powder, 3x/day plus, 1 Healthy Trinity capsule, once per day. For detailed information on probiotic layering, check out our in-depth Probiotics 1 Teleseminar with me interviewing Natasha Trenev and then answering 45 minutes of questions from participants.
If you're interested in doing Jini's Probiotic Retention Enema, instructions are in any of my digestive healing books.
Natren formulations are classified in the following way: You can get the powders and capsules in Dairy-based or Dairy-free formulas. If you’re just testing and don’t know which you need, then start with one of the Tripacks – the bottles are quite small. Once you know which formulation suits your system best, you may want to buy the largest size bottle of each – since it’s the best deal for your money.
I highly recommend you listen to our in-depth Probiotics 1 Teleseminar with Natren founder, Natasha Trenev. This will help you to get the best results from your probiotic dose and use.
How Much Should I Order?
The length of time a bottle of probiotics lasts depends on the dosage. For the powdered probiotics, there are 6 teaspoons in 1 ounce. Therefore, there are 27 teaspoons in the large 4.5 oz bottle. So, if you are taking the high dose of 3 teaspoons per day (12 billion cfu per day), the 4.5 oz bottle would last 9 days.
If you take the minimum therapeutic probiotic dose of 2 teaspoons per day (8 billion cfu), the 4.5 oz bottle would last 13 days.
If you take the maintenance dose of 1/2 teaspoon per day, the 4.5 oz bottle would last 54 days.