Did you know that one half of our daily chlorine exposure is from showering? Chlorine is not only absorbed through the skin, but also re-vaporized in the shower, inhaled into the lungs, and transferred directly into the bloodstream. In fact, the chlorine exposure from one shower is equal to an entire day of drinking the same chlorinated tap water - so, making sure your drinking water is filtered only does half the job.
Feel Clean and Healthy Everyday - Universal High-Output Shower Filter
- High Capacity shower water filter
- Reversible Filter Cartridge (Model HOC)
- Ultra-High Strength Housing
- Available with or without showerhead
- Cartridge Life Rating: 1 Year
The Sprite High Output 2 Shower Filter has NSF certified performance in a sleek, high-strength plastic housing. Inside the housing is a replaceable 12 month filter cartridge (model HOC) which contains Sprite’s exclusive blend of filtration media for a chlorine-free shower. Original High Output series units have a footprint of approximately 3 inches, making them ideal for achieving maximum point of use filtration.
Sprite’s “Universal” filters are named for their universal fit and appeal! They can be placed between an existing shower head and any standard 1/2-inch NPT shower arm with no extra equipment, offering complete customization of the showering experience.
Easy to open housing for cartridge reversal (for back-flushing) or replacement. You can backwash the cartridge (reversing the direction of water flow every three to six months) to extend the shower filter's effective life.
Eliminate from your shower:
- Hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg smell)
- Iron oxide (rust water)
- Dust, Sediment
- pH balances your water
- You'll have smoother skin and softer hair within a week of installing a home shower filter. Chlorine dries skin and hair by stripping it of its natural oils. When you install a shower filter, your skin and hair will take about a week to replenish their natural oils.
- Easy Installation
- Replaceable long-life filter (12 months or 30,000 gallons)
- Premium construction - triple-plated chrome
- Chlorgon filtration reduces surface tension while removing damaging minerals, giving you softer water. This means you'll rinse cleaner - and so will your shower. Soft shower water will help your shower stay clean longer, so you'll spend less time cleaning.
- Chlorgon filtration media is rated by the EPA as a Pesticidal Device (bacteriostatic), meaning it will not kill bacteria in the water, but bacteria cannot grow inside the shower filter.
One year warranty on everything except the sower filter cartridge. Certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 177 for shower filtration systems for 30,000 gallons
Installing a Sprite shower water filter is a snap:
- Remove existing shower head
- Screw on the Sprite shower filter and shower head
- Run hot water through the shower head filter for 5 minutes to flush the new cartridge
- Enjoy a fresh, clean shower with one of the finest water filters for the home
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
This is a filter unit with a separate showerhead. The main difference between this one and the Royale All-In-One Showerhead, is that the actual showerhead nozzle on this one is much smaller in diameter than the Royale. It is 1.75" in diameter, whereas the Royale is 3" in diameter. Also, this one has 3 spray settings and the Royale has five. On the plus side, this filter is cheaper and the replacement filters last for 12 months, rather than 9 months with the Royale.
The challenge with shower filters is finding one that does a good job of filtering out the nasties, but doesn't decimate your water pressure. Those of use that like showers, want a robust, invigorating spray coming from our showerhead. So it's a matter of balance; filter out as much of the harmful chemicals as you can, whilst still maintaining water pressure.
So, I have personally tested (and used) each of the shower filters listed below. If you read through the descriptions, you will find that they filter out: Chlorine, Hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg smell), Iron oxide (rust water), Dust, Sediment, Odors and balance the pH of your shower water.
After using these filters to remove all the chlorine from our bath and shower, my son Hugo's eczema started getting better immediately and completely cleared in a few weeks. If you have a child (or yourself!) with respiratory problems, or skin rashes, this is one of the first things you should change in your home environment.
Comparison of Shower Filters
Sprite Royale - Showerhead and filter combined in one large head (3" in diameter), good filtration, good water pressure, replace filter every 9 months. Luxury, 5 spray settings with massage and de-scaling mechanism (no mineral build-up). My favorite in terms of appearance and spray settings.
Unit Cost: $64.99
Replacement Filters: $19.99 (every 9 months or 20,000 gallons)
Sprite Universal High Output - comes with a filter AND a separate showerhead (showerhead is smaller than the Royale, only 1.75") with 3 spray settings. Since the filter is separate from the showerhead, you can either use the showerhead provided, or take it off and use your own showerhead. Good filtration, good water pressure, replace filter every 12 months.
Unit Cost: $49.99
Replacement Filters: $24.99 (every 12 months or 30,000 gallons)
Sprite Bath Ball Filter - filters the water from your bath faucet, just strap it on. Replace filter every 5 months or 50 baths - whichever comes first. Only works on straight (not curved) faucets and you must be able to control the rate of water flow through the tap.
Unit Cost: $34.99
Replacement Filters: $19.99 (every 5 months or 50 baths)
I lowers the shower head to where it's to low to stand under, to wash my hair.(6'1") It does seem to make hair softer being filtered. It makes a more enjoyable shower with filtered water.