HOW MANY TUBS SHOULD I ORDER?
Duration: 2 Weeks
2-week Elemental Diet for gut flora reset, for people who do not need to gain additional weight.
5 shakes per day - order 7 tubs*
Duration: 3 Weeks
3-week Elemental (bowel rest) for moderate gut discomfort, and wanting to maintain current weight.
7 shakes per day - order 15 tubs*
Duration: 6 Weeks
6-week Elemental (bowel rest) for moderate gut discomfort, and wanting to maintain current weight.
7 shakes per day - order 30 tubs*
Duration: 6 Weeks
6-week Diet that is half elemental, and half regular well tolerated foods, for people seeking relief.
2 shakes per day - order 9 tubs*
TIPS: Alternate whey isolate with Vegan formula to avoid intolerance. Test a few samples first to make sure you like it and no allergies.
What's the Difference?
In choosing your Absorb Plus flavor, please note that SIMPLY is sweetened with dextrose and stevia, UNSWEETENED has flavors but no added sweeteners, and the rest of the flavors are sweetened with natural fructose and stevia.
2.2lbs (10 servings) per container
Absorb Plus Original is a delicious tasting, 100% natural, semi-elemental (pre-digested for maximum absorption to bloodstream within 20 minutes of ingestion) polymeric liquid dietary supplement protein shake. 370 calories per serving.
Certified gluten-free (less than 20 ppm). Made with 100% natural flavors. No artificial ingredients or preservatives.
Whey Version includes Cross-flow Membrane Cold-extracted Whey Protein Isolate (casein-free, lactose-free, not denatured by heat)
Vegan Version includes Organic Sprouted Brown Rice Protein Isolate
Ingredients: Cassava Root (Tapioca) Maltodextrin, Proprietary Amino Acid Blend: L-glutamine, L-glycine, L-aspartic acid, L-tyrosine, L-proline, L-alanine, L-threonine, L-serine, L-glutamic acid, L-cysteine, Vitamin A (as beta carotene), Vitamin C (as calcium ascorbate), Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol), Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl acetate), Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone MK-7), Thiamin (Vitamin B1 as thiamine mononitrate), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2 as riboflavin-5-phosphate), Niacin (as niacinamide), Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal-5-phosphate), Folate, Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin), Biotin (Vitamin B7 as D-biotin), Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5 as d-calcium pantothenate), Calcium (as calcium phosphate), Phosphorus (as calcium phosphate), Iodine (as potassium iodide), Magnesium (as magnesium citrate), Zinc (as zinc bisglycinate), Selenium (as L-selenomethionine), Copper (as copper bisglycinate), Manganese (as manganese bisglycinate), Chromium (as chromium picolinate), Molybdenum (as molybdenum glycinate), Sodium (as sodium chloride), Potassium (as potassium citrate), Choline, Inositol, Silicon (as bamboo extract), Vanadium (as vanadium amino acid chelate). See Ingredients Tab for detailed ingredient list for each flavor.
What are the benefits of Absorb Plus?
- Easy and gentle on your stomach and digestive system
- Helps maintain or gain solid weight (not fat)
- Daily nutritional support
- Delicious taste - and all natural!
- Feel more energy and sleep better
May be used exclusively as part of an elemental, bowel rest diet (reduced fecal matter), or along with other foods as part of a low residue diet, or to provide high quality nutrients in liquid, easily-digested form. May also be used for food clearance or allergy testing. Absorb Plus has been carefully formulated to meet the unique needs of people who have problems chewing, swallowing, digesting or absorbing their food. There is currently NO product on the market that matches Absorb Plus in nutritional value or the extremely high quality of our ingredients.
Custom-blend of 10 additional targeted amino acids, specially selected for gut repair, for example:
• Over 1000 mg of L-Glutamine per serving to rebuild mucosal cell lining in intestines
• L-Serine for production of immunoglobulins and antibodies
• L-Threonine to aid formation of collagen and elastin
• L-Cysteine to aid wound healing
• L-Tyrosine to aid function of pituitary, adrenal and thyroid glands
• L-Aspartic Acid to protect the liver
• L-Proline to heal cartilage, strengthen joints, tendons and heart muscle
Our vitamin and mineral panel:
• Full panel of trace minerals – trace mineral deficiency is common in chronic illness.
• Also contains 10 mcg Vitamin K2 (as MK-7; first identified by Dr. Weston A. Price as “Activator X”) and 100 mcg of potassium citrate per serving.
• Contains full electrolyte panel.
Formulated to allow people to add their own amount of good fat – since everyone’s fat tolerance level varies. We suggest adding 1 tbsp. organic flax or Udo’s Choice oil (which brings total calorie count to approximately 480 calories per shake).
How To Mix Absorb Plus:
Pour 1 cup (8 ounces) of cold water* into a shaker or blender, then add:
1 tsp. - 1 tbsp. organic flax, MCT, or Udo's Oil (as much as you can tolerate)
4 level scoops Absorb Plus
Shake vigorously, or whip on low speed for 10 seconds
Add ice (if you wish) and drink slowly.
*Use cold or room temperature water (spring or filtered recommended). Do not use hot water. You can use liquids other than water (raw milk, nut milk, rice milk, etc) but then the shake will no longer be elemental. Refrigerate any unused portion and discard after 4 hours.
Please Note: We strongly advise you purchase a few sample sizes of Absorb Plus, or just 1 tub, before buying the volume needed to do a full elemental diet. This will allow you to check for allergies or intolerance to any of the ingredients. Signs of intolerance or food allergy include: brain fog, grogginess, sore joints, headaches, nausea, gut pain, skin rash, blurred vision, asthma, chest pains, edema, elevated blood pressure, etc.
Absorb Plus was formulated by colon and bowel disorder expert Jini Patel Thompson to provide maximum nutrition to help build and strengthen your immune system and allow you to maintain or gain solid weight (muscle, not fat). Absorb Plus provides nutrients, supplements, protein (cold-extracted, lactose-free whey protein isolate) and carbohydrates (tapioca maltodextrin - from cassava root) in the most desirable forms and proportions, and in ratios that allow for optimum use and absorption. This liquid diet protein shake also includes an extensive array of therapeutic free-form amino acids (over 1000 mg L-Glutamine per serving!), with a superior vitamin and mineral profile (including trace minerals). Finally, Absorb Plus tastes so good, you can consume it up to 12 times a day if necessary!
There are approximately 10 servings per jar - sometimes a little bit more, sometimes a little bit less as Absorb Plus is packed by weight and there can be some settling during shipping and storage. Start with half a serving and build up gradually, allowing your body time to adjust to this unique (elemental) food source.
For lots more detailed information about Absorb Plus Ingredients, FAQ's, etc. please visit: www.AbsorbPlus.com
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Absorb Plus is an elemental shake product that I formulated, for use as an elemental diet, or a half-elemental diet, or just to supplement your diet with highly nutritious, easily absorbed nutrients - for those who cannot digest or absorb the nutrients from whole foods.
What Is An Elemental Diet?
An elemental diet is also referred to as a bowel rest diet. It is a pre-digested, liquid diet that contains all the basic nutrients your body needs. The nutrients are in pre-digested form so they require very little digestion and the nutrients are easily and quickly absorbed into the bloodstream. In this way an elemental diet supplies your nutritional needs whilst giving your digestive system a rest. It can be helpful for people with colitis, Crohn's, diverticulitis, severe IBS, AIDS, the elderly, and some forms of cancer - especially when combined with targeted healing substances and bone broths - as I show you in my IBD Remission Diet book.
The stool that results from an elemental diet is greatly reduced in volume and usually liquid, therefore, it also gives your colon a rest from passing normal stool and this helps colonic wounds to heal faster.
I used an elemental diet to recover from a bout of hemorrhaging that left me weighing 99 lbs (I'm 5'7"). In six weeks I weighed 135 pounds and was working out at the gym 3 times a week (my complete story and instructions on the type of elemental diet I used are in my book The IBD Remission Diet.)
What Is A Half-Elemental Diet?
A half-elemental diet is used when someone's IBD is still active and they are having difficulty tolerating foods and eating or absorbing adequate nutrition. But for whatever reason, they cannot (or do not want to) do a full elemental diet. So, instead, they consume half their daily calories as elemental diet shakes and the other half is comprised of easily tolerated foods.
In a 2006 clinical trial, doctors assessed 26 patients with Crohn’s Disease, who used a combination of an elemental diet for half of their food intake (900 – 1200 calories per day) and then whatever they wished for the other half (”free diet”). The control group consisted of 25 patients with Crohn’s Disease who just consumed an unrestricted diet, whatever they wanted to eat (100% free diet).
Then, they measured the recurrence of relapse (symptom flare-up) over a two year period. The relapse rate in the half elemental diet group was significantly lower – only 34.6% – versus a relapse rate of 64% in the free diet group. (Source: Effectiveness of an 'half elemental diet' as maintenance therapy for Crohn's disease: a randomized-controlled trial. S. Takagi, K. Utsunomiya et. al. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 24, 1333-1340)
When mixing your shakes (if not elemental) I do not recommend you use soy milk (depresses thyroid function, inhibits mineral absorption) or pasteurized milk (mucous-producing and irritating to the gut). Use other nut milks, raw milk, goat, camel, etc. However, if you want to keep your shakes elemental, then mix only with water.
Important: All elemental diet shakes are VERY sticky on the teeth. So be sure to brush after each shake - pay particular attention to the gum line - to avoid tooth decay.
Transitioning Off Elemental Shakes
Please know that when your digestive system has healed to the point where you can absorb nutrition and you are no longer underweight, then it is likely time to transition off Absorb Plus and onto a whey or veggie protein shake, or easily tolerated foods.
Not only is this cheaper, but it's better for ongoing gut health to avoid simple carbohydrates (like tapioca maltodextrin) when you are able to use superfoods like chia seed and flax seed instead. I have sourced excellent ones for you here, so be sure to check them out when you are ready. Here are my instructions for transitioning off of an elemental diet.
- Banana Coconut Crème: Organic tapioca Maltodextrin, fructose, natural banana coconut flavor, stevia leaf extract, natural vanilla flavor. Contains MILK
- Click for Banana Coconut Crème Supplement Facts
- Berry Fusion: Organic tapioca maltodextrin, fructose, natural berry flavor, natural vanilla flavor, beet juice powder (color), stevia leaf extract. Contains MILK
- Click for Berry Fusion Supplement Facts
- Chocolate Royale: Organic tapioca maltodextrin, cocoa, fructose, natural chocolate flavor, natural vanilla flavor, stevia leaf extract. Contains MILK.
- Click for Chocolate Royale Supplement Facts
- Caramel Toffee Twist: Tapioca maltodextrin, fructose, natural caramel toffee flavor, stevia leaf extract. Contains MILK.
- Click for Caramel Toffee Twist Supplement Facts
- French Vanilla: Organic tapioca maltodextrin, fructose, natural vanilla flavor, stevia leaf extract. Contains MILK.
- Click for French Vanilla Supplement Facts
- Mocha Grande: Organic tapioca maltodextrin, fructose, cocoa, natural mocha flavor, stevia leaf extract, natural vanilla flavor. Contains MILK
- Click for Mocha Grande Supplement Facts
- Simply Chocolate: Organic tapioca maltodextrin, cocoa, dextrose, natural chocolate flavor, natural vanilla flavors, stevia leaf extract. Contains MILK
- Click for Simply Chocolate Supplement Facts
- Simply Vanilla: Organic tapioca maltodextrin, dextrose, natural vanilla flavors, stevia leaf extract. Contains MILK
- Click for Simply Vanilla Supplement Facts
- Unsweetened Berry: Organic tapioca maltodextrin, natural berry flavor, beet juice powder (color). Contains MILK
- Click for Unsweetened Berry Supplement Facts
- Unsweetened Chocolate: Organic tapioca maltodextrin, cocoa, natural chocolate flavor, natural vanilla flavor. Contains MILK
- Click for Unsweetened Chocolate Supplement Facts
- Unsweetened Vanilla: Organic tapioca maltodextrin, natural vanilla flavor. Contains MILK
- Click for Unsweetened Vanilla Supplement Facts
I really appreciate having access to this product. I have gastroparesis and the protein shakes I make from Pbsorb plus has helped me keep my weight in a healthy range. I sweeten it with sweetened condensed milk and flavor it with extracts. Mint tastes like mint ice cream and orange tastes like a creamsicle. Thanks and please keep making it!
Absorb plus is the best! It helps with my IBS-C and my heartburn. Very delicious and gives me the energy I need in the morning. I absolutely Love it!
It is great. So glad it is available.
Absolutely love it.
This flavor is great mixed with Chocolate or Vegan Mocha; even though I am dairy-free, I use it because it is lactose-free and casein-free whey isolate. Love this product - mixes well. Great taste as an alternative to or mixed with my favorite Vegan Mocha Latte.
This product gives me minerals and vitamins I need when I am on a flare up of UC . Super easy to digest and I enjoy this flavor
This product along with Jinis Elemental Diet has helped me with my Crohns. Amazing!
I have been using absorb plus for a year now and it's amazing. I absolutely love the taste of the unsweetened chocolate!!!
I LOVE the New Unsweetened Berry flavor! The perfect amount of sweetness!