Jini Says +
Diem Histamine Digest formerly Umbrellux DAO is the original diamine oxidase (DAO) supplement brand in the US. DAO is the primary enzyme responsible for the breakdown of histamine in the digestive tract. Histamine Digest is indicated for those with intolerance to dietary histamine, histamine sensitivity, and occasional digestive distress related to histamine-containing foods and beverages.
Diem Histamine Digest delivers naturally derived diamine oxidase to the small intestine, where it acts directly on dietary histamine to defend against histamine-related reactions and digestive discomfort.
Diem Histamine Digest supplies Diamine Oxidase (DAO), the enzyme that neutralizes histamine in the digestive tract.* Taking Diem Histamine Digest prior to consuming high histamine foods and beverages defends against digestive histamine sensitivity and the occurrence of accompanying reactions.*
• Natural - DAO is a natural enzyme-rich protein extract from porcine kidney that is delivered to the small intestine.
• Convenient - DAO promotes histamine degradation within 20 min after intake.
• Safe - DAO is not absorbed into the body and no adverse events have been recorded with DAO supplementation.
Dietary Support for Histamine Intolerance
Histamine is a biologically active substance found in a variety of animals and plants. People naturally produce histamine and ingest it from foods.
Foods with High Levels of Histamine:
• Fermented dairy products – aged cheese & yogurt
• Fermented vegetables – sauerkraut
• Pickled vegetables – dill pickles & pickled beets
• Cured or fermented meats – salami & sausage
• Alcoholic beverages – beer, wine & spirits
Allergy vs. Intolerance
Different reactions in the body:
Allergy – An immune system response to a specific allergenic substance. Symptoms can appear quickly with very little exposure.
Intolerance – An "allergy-like" reaction that does not involve an immunological response. Reactions can take time to appear and increase upon level of exposure.
8% of people worldwide are affected by histamine intolerance
Intolerance occurs when the histamine levels in the body get too high or can’t be broken down properly — when histamine levels exceed the amount of diamine oxidase enzyme (DAO) available for degradation.
The prevalence of histamine intolerance is thought to be much higher than reported†
Difficult To Identify
• Reactions are variable, seem unrelated and are widespread. Common reactions include: flushing, increased heart rate, runny nose, itching, heartburn, headaches, panic attacks, fatigue and more
• Low awareness of the disorder
Solution - Digestive Enzyme : Diamine Oxidase (DAO)*
• Neutralizes histamine in the gut*
• Non-systemic, no drug — nutrient interactions, natural kidney extract
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.