Jini Says +
Digesta-Lac® probiotic supplement contains 2 billion colony forming units (cfu) of Lactobacillus bulgaricus LB-51 super strain per capsule. Digesta-Lac® works in conjunction with the other Natren®'s Healthy Trinity® components: Megadophilus® and Bifido Factor®. Dairy-free Digesta-Lac is only available in capsules. The Lactobacillus bulgaricus is extracted from the growth medium and packaged into capsules.
Proper Digestion - A Key To Health
- The Lactobacillus bulgaricus LB-51 super strain in Digesta-Lac® actually travels along with the food as it's being processed, to naturally aid digestion while deterring harmful bacteria.
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus maximizes the body's ability to complete the digestion process and may discourage the use of intestinal stimulants and antacids.
- This beneficial bacteria may help maintain our natural electrolyte balance, particularly as we age and become less active.
- Digesta-Lac® is cultured with super strain LB-51, which, according to 30 years of Bulgarian research, is one of the most beneficial strains of the 450 known bulgaricus strains.
- Nutritionally helps to deter yeast overgrowth (candida) from the large intestine up into the small intestine.
- Helps to stimulate regularity.
- Aids in lactose metabolism and enhances the digestion of milk products.
- Encourages an acidic intestinal environment which strongly inhibits less desirable microorganisms.
- Contributes to the growth and viability of the beneficial resident microorganisms (Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium. bifidum, etc.) by supporting their growth and activity.
- Helps the body digest complex carbohydrates and proteins. Bulgaricus is very proteolytic, therefore it can easily break down proteins.
- Helps to increase the bio-availability of minerals, especially calcium. The absorption is doubly important in lactose-intolerant individuals who may also experience a deficiency of dietary calcium.
- May also produce antimicrobial substances antagonistic to various bad bacteria.
Probiotics for Kids:
If your child can swallow capsules, then use Healthy Trinity. If not, you can use either the loose powder (more volume, stronger taste) or the encapsulated powders. Add to yoghurt, chocolate milk, ice cream or applesauce. Mix well into a smooth paste to avoid any lumps.